This Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) is a Fast Track Programme to provide an excellent opportunity for applicants to enhance their career prospects. The degree of Doctorate of Business Administration abbreviated DBA, has the equivalent standing to a PhD in Business Administration, which is a research doctorate in business administration. DBA candidates can specialise in areas such as management, business strategy, technology, health or social care, organisational behaviour, coaching, mentoring, economics, accounting, finance or any suitable other practical fields. This qualification includes two stages; the first stage requires students to study and complete 8 modules at the postgraduate research level to develop their strategic management and leadership capabilities. Students will achieve an international recognised UK Regulated Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership (Level 8 which is an equivalent to Professional Doctorates and PhD in the United Kingdom). After successful completion of Stage 1, students will progress to the Stage 2; this requires the presentation of a thesis to complete the DBA.
During the programme, learners will be able to:-
- Develop critical self-reflection and self-awareness to enhance personal and professional development at senior management level.
- Develop research skills for the senior level of the management.
- Analyse effective methods, procedures, and systems for defining, planning and scheduling, controlling and organising project activities.
- Assess organisational performance through strategic analysis to strategic formulations and to prepare the participant of this course to take the responsibility and managerial roles in areas of strategic planning, decision making and organisational change.
- Determine and apply appropriate research methods to business management problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts involved business and management related problems to make appropriate decisions based on sound reasoning and analysis to create an organisational solution.
- Conduct, evaluate and apply research designed to explain, forecast and to improve the performance of management system of the organisation.
- Develop skills, capabilities and understanding in managing and organising research project in line with professional and ethical principles.
- Evaluate and synthesize scholarly literature to general research that will significantly contribute knowledge in business management.
- Produce a research report.
Achieve an International Recognised Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
Successful students will have a Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management and will achieve a jointly Doctorate of Business Administration awarded by Open University of Switzerland with the University of Dąbrowa Górnicza (a state recognised University) & Taras National University (A State University, QS Working Ranking within top 420 Universities in the world founded in 1834).
Students can complete the whole programme in 12 months or in a flexible learning environment to complete the Doctorate degree in 24 months.
This qualification includes two stages; the first stage requires students to study and complete 8 modules at the postgraduate research level to develop their strategic management and leadership capabilities. Students will achieve an international recognised UK Regulated Qualification in Strategic Management (Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management, which is an equivalent to Professional Doctorates and PhD in the United Kingdom). After successful completion of Stage 1, students will progress to the Stage 2; this requires the presentation of a thesis to complete the DBA.
Stage 1 - Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management
The Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management is the UK highest level of the qualification in the Regulated Qualification Framework. The qualification holder at this level has developed original practical, conceptual or technological understanding to create ways forward in contexts that lack definition and where there are many complex and interacting factors. Students critically analyses, interprets and evaluates complex information in management and leadership at the operations and strategic level, concepts and theories to produce new knowledge and theories. Students will initiate, design and undertake a research, development or strategic activities that extend or produce a significant change in the field of work or study. Students can critically evaluate actions, methods and results and their short- and long-term implications for the field of work or knowledge and its wider context. At this level, students undertake the units:
- Leadership, Qualities, and Practice
- Personal Leadership Development as a Strategic Manager
- Strategy Development in Cross-Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Planning in Cross-Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Direction in Cross-Border and Global Organisations
- Strategic Communication
- Culture and its Impact on Strategy
- Research Methods
The Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management is awarded by Qualifi Ltd. The Diploma is accredited by Ofqual and listed on Regulated Qualifications Framework and European Qualification Framework (EQF) at Level 8.
Stage 2 - DBA Thesis
In Stage 2, students will be assigned a personal tutor for the Thesis who will offer support throughout the process. Students will be acquainted with the theoretical and practical bases of academic research by formulating hypotheses, research questions and their analyses and implementation, expanding business theory and terminology, as well as increasing communication skills and understanding ethical standards for scientific research. The theoretical and practical knowledge gathered in the course of the research process enhanced by the acquisition of core courses learning outcomes will add a high value to professional work performance and academic-related skills and abilities. This guarantees the ability to handle business-related issues in a scientific manner. Students will be supported throughout the writing of the thesis and in certain circumstances, the University will allow for a joint presentation and collaborative writing between students.
Total Fees and Discounts
- The total fee for the whole programme is £19,800.
- Apply today and receive 50% exclusive discounts on the total fees. You will pay £9900 for the whole programme. Note: Students holding Level 8 Diploma in Strategic Management or equivalent qualification will only pay £8000 for DBA Top Up.
Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) provides a variety of careers and encourages learners to gain the skills, knowledge and understanding that will help them achieve their goals and aspirations. Graduates can seek Director or Senior Manager Role in the area of HR, Supply Chain, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Manufacturing, Technology, Retail, Banking, and Health Service. They can also perform teachings anywhere in the world in their specialised field.
How to apply
Click Here to Visit the 'Admission section', download Admissions Application, complete and submit us with requested documents.
Successful learners will get full support from Cambridge Management & Leadership School throughout their studies.