This qualification (certificate) is intended for those who lead a team of people responsible for assuring the quality of assessment from outside an organisation or assessment centre, usually on behalf of an awarding organisation or other organisations such as higher education institute, professional bodies or regulators. This qualification enables the learner to become a qualified external moderator, verifier or external quality assurer.
This qualification includes following three units of worth 17 credits.
Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessment
At the end of the unit, you will be able to-
- Understand the context and principles of external quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the external quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to externally evaluate the quality of assessment and internal quality assurance
- Understand how to externally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to external quality assurance
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements relating to external quality assurance
Unit 2: Externally assure the quality of assessment
At the end of the unit, you will
- Be able to plan the external quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to externally evaluate internal quality assurance and assessment
- Be able to maintain and improve internal quality assurance processes
- Be able to manage information relevant to the external quality assurance of assessment
- Be able to maintain legal and good practice requirements when externally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
Unit 3: Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility
In this unit, you will-
- Be able to produce a work plan for own areas of responsibility
- Be able to allocate and agree on responsibilities with team members
- Be able to monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility and provide feedback
- Be able to review and amend plans of work for own area of responsibility and communicate changes
Total Qualification Time (TQT) of this qualification is 170 hours. TQT is an estimate of the total amount of time that could reasonably be expected to be required for a student to achieve and demonstrate the achievement of the level of attainment necessary for the award of a Qualification.
The vocational and applied nature of the qualification means that different types of learners would benefit from attending a programme of study and achieving the qualification. Learners who have recently completed compulsory education and have chosen to follow a career in business management or a related vocation will be able to acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge to successfully enter the workplace. Whereas, those already in employment will be able to build on existing workplace competencies which will provide an opportunity to make an immediate and positive impact on an organisation and how it conducts its business. In addition, obtaining this qualification would be beneficial for those who are re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change.
This qualification is suitable for:-
- Teachers, Lecturers and examiners
- Any individual who is looking a career to become external verifier.
- Staff at the small, medium or large sized employers, Training providers, School, Colleges and Universities who manage internal quality assurance of assessment and lead a team of internal quality assurers and they would like to understand external verification requirements.
- Staff at the awarding bodies, professional bodies, sector councils, employers, training providers, school, colleges and universities who lead a team of external moderator/examiners/quality assurance officers.
Recognition and Awarding body
This qualification is accredited by Qualifi Ltd, which is an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation.
This qualification is assessed through a submission of an assignment, worksheet or a portfolio of evidence. Students will be required to achieve 40% marks to pass the qualification.