The Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration meets the needs of those wanting to gain a qualification which provides a firm grounding in business administration and a basis for the further academic study. This course focuses on the functional areas of management and administration within an organisation and how those disciplines integrated at the operational level, linking with the overall corporate strategy to achieve short, medium and long-term objectives.
It identifies the essential characteristics of managing information systems, business analysis techniques, internal and external business structures, management control, financial management and management behaviour. It aims to develop learners’ critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
At the end of this programme, learners will be able to,
- Develop administrative skills to manage information systems within the organisation.
- Develop problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills in a business situation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the internal structure and external relationship for companies doing business at an international level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the management control and planning.
- Examine the concept of entrepreneurship including behaviours, processes and skills related to small business and enterprise.
- Manage budget and perform financial analysis to the organisations for effective decision making.
- Manage complex issues in the organisation to improve management practice.
- Perform environmental analysis for strategic marketing decision making to implement the strategy.
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage team performance.
- Gain knowledge about the advanced economic literature and legal systems in which business operate.
- Develop, test, implement and monitor a new project within an organisation.
- Understand human resource techniques and tools to manage employees’ performance and retention.
- Apply research methodologies for effective decision making.
- Develop an ability to analyse information and to identify a research question and to apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature which is justifiable and measurable.
Why Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration offers and provides careers related guidance and support to students which are
- Positive, constructive and helpful
- Impartial and client centred
- Progression onto Top UP BA (Hon) degree at the UK recognised University (Visit the link to see arrangements http://www.ebma.org.uk/university.html)
- Progression onto EBMA Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Business Administration Leading to MBA at an advanced level or Certificate stage in Business related masters’ qualification.
The Advanced Diploma in Business Administration provides the range of knowledge and skills relating to international business, entrepreneurship, management and leadership, finance, marketing, business law, sales force management and research methods for managers. Graduate can utilise these skills to find a good and well-paid job in all areas of management and administration.
The overall structure of the course is based on 12 mandatory modules that cover a number of topics relating to learning outcomes. Each unit has the equivalency of 20 credits.
It is expected that a learner will need to complete following TQT against each unit to complete six units from Group 1 and six units from Group 2 to achieve the full Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Business Administration.
|Unit Code||Group 1 – Level 4 Diploma Level||Level||Credits|
|BA2011||Designing Administrative Information Systems||4||20|
|Unit Code||Group 2 – Level 5 Advanced Diploma Level||Level||Credits|
|BA2022||Enterprise Development and Business Planning||5||20|
|BA2023||Strategic Management and Leadership||5||20|
|BA2025||Human Resource Development||5||20|
Learner(s) must fulfil the following criteria to be allowed entry to Advanced Diploma;
- Qualifi / EBMA Level 3 Diploma in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship or
- Higher Secondary School Certificate/A Level or
- Any qualification equivalent to one of the above
Each unit is assessed through an assignment.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online. After login to your online learning portal, you will study in a structured way - read books/resources online and write your assignments with full study support to complete the whole qualification.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete five units successfully and achieve 240 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body.
Successful learners will get full tuition/delivery support from Cambridge Management and Leadership School.