Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a managerial level.
This qualification is valid to enhance career opportunities in the leadership and management of health and social care organisation all over the world due to its recognition and accreditation.
International Accreditation and Equivalence
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has following accreditation and equivalence
- England and Europe: Accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and European Qualifications Framework (EQF) at Level 5. Qualification Accreditation Number: 603/3685/7
- Wales: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to Credit and Qualification Framework for Wales at Level 5
- Scotland: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to The Scottish Credit and Qualifications Frame (SCQF) Level 9/8
- Ireland: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent to National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland at Level 7/6
- Higher Education in the UK: Qualification (RQF Level 5) is equivalent the Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland Level 5
Learning Objectives of the Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
At the end of the qualification, learners will be able to
- Lead and manage operations of the health and social care organisation in the public or private sector
- Understand the main features and outcomes of partnership working
- Understand the legal framework, regulations, and policies and procedures that support the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable individuals.
- Understand the importance of partnership working to protect vulnerable individuals
- Understand approaches to health education and plan a health promotion initiative.
- Supervise and manage team performance.
- Become an expert in conducting research in the health and social care for product and service improvement.
Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management is a 120 credit qualification based on only six units. Each unit has 20 credits.
Unit 01 - Partnership Working in Health and Social Care
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the underpinning skills and knowledge required to develop productive partnership working within own and other organisations
Unit 02 - Safeguarding and Protecting Vulnerable Individuals
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with a thorough understanding of the legal framework for safeguarding and protecting vulnerable individuals, developing the knowledge and skills required to manage staff and develop staff understanding of this critical area.
Unit 03 - Health Improvement and Promoting Well-being
The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ understanding of approaches to health education and design, enabling learners to be able to plan and implement their own health promotion initiative.
Unit 04 - Leading Teams in Health and Social Care
The aim of this module is for the learner to show that they can lead and supervise a team and develop their performance in the health and social care setting.
Unit 05- Providing Professional Supervision for Staff.
The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ ability to provide professional supervision to staff and support them to enhance skills and performance.
Unit 06 - Research in Health and Social Care
The aim of this unit is to introduce learners to the research process, the methods and types of research whilst they are conducting a small scale study.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
It is not mandatory to be working to study this qualification with Cambridge Management and Leadership School.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include assignments. There are no exams in this course. You will write assignments of each unit and submit to our Online Learning Platform for our assessor to mark.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete 6 units successfully and achieve 120 credits Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management by OTHM Awarding Organisation in partnership with Cambridge Management and Leadership School. Registration Fee of OTHM awarding body is £280 is included in the fees.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for individuals who would like to have careers towards senior management and leadership careers in health and social care. For example, you can apply to become
- Registered Care Manager or Social Worker,
- A managerial position of any health or social care organisation,
- Team leader,
- Case Manager
- Care administrator,
- Residential Care Manager
- A nursing career with management responsibilities,
- Administrative or support worker.
This qualification is also suitable for learners for a variety of purposes, for example
- a career change to health and social care sector or
- employment in health and social care
- personal and professional development or
- job progression and
- further education study at Level 6 or Level 7 in Health and Management.
Are there any special discounts available to start in April or May 2019?
If you would like to purchase this course on discounts, please visit the following link,
Do you have any question?
Email us email@example.com, we will be happy to help.