Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management deals with complex and challenging organisational issues and opportunities. The units are closely linked to the current day, real-world, and work challenges and the qualification will test and develop learners’ workplace experience and abilities.
The qualification will require learners to make judgements and provide creative and practical solutions and ways of responding to organisational challenges and problems. An action-based approach will be sought, and learners who have a strong motivation to progress in their chosen career and business pathway will gain significantly from the qualification. The Level 5 units are also designed to dove-tail into a top-up undergraduate year at a UK University.
International Recognition and Accreditation
Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is an internationally recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual - UK Qualifications and Examination Regulator to UK Qualifications Framework at Level 5, equivalent to UK University first degree and accredited European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) (England) - Level 5
- Qualification Accreditation Number is 603/4404/0
Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management will develop the Learner’s advanced abilities and skills to:
- Understand and apply the principles of management in hospitality and tourism
- Review and apply the principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management within the industry
- Apply the principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management in a specific environment
- To improve learners' employability by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the Hospitality and Tourism world.
- Analyse problem-solving techniques specific to business and Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information from a wide range of sources
- Effectively use verbal and communication skills.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management has a total of four units and a total of 120 credits (ETC: 60). Each unit has 30 credits.
- Tourism Destination Management
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Cultural Tourism Management
- Research Project
Assessment methods are 'Assignments only', and there are no examinations.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online. After login into your online learning portal, you will study in a structured way - read books/resources online and write your assignments with full study support to complete the qualification.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete 4 units and achieve 120 credits. The awarding body, Qualifi Ltd, will issue the qualification certificate and final transcript.
Qualifi Ltd is an internationally recognised awarding organisation regulated by UK Qualifications and Examination Regulator (Ofqual).
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful for any individuals from all over the world who are
- Seeking career development in the hospitality and tourism industry OR
- Already on the job (managerial/supervisor/administrator/strategic analyst or in their managerial career) for personal and professional development OR
- Re-entering employment after a period of absence OR
- Seeking a career change to Hospitality, Event and Tourism Industry OR
- willing to progress to any UK University BA/BSC in hospitality and tourism (Final Year Top-Up degree) or Level 6 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism.
The rationale of the qualification is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their capabilities at the managerial level within the hospitality and tourism sector.
Primary areas of employment include:
- Resort Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel and Spa (Hospitality Manager)
- Travel and Tourism consultants
- Event Manager
- Wedding Coordinator
- Accommodation Manager
- Cabin Crew Officer/Manager
- Tour Manager
- Tourism Officer or
- Business Owner/Director in Hospitality or Tourism Enterprise
Upon completing the Level 5 Diploma, learners can progress to a final year of an undergraduate degree or Level 6 Diploma in International Tourism and Hospitality Management.