The aim of the Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law is to provide learners the opportunity to acquire a broad range of knowledge and understanding and develop a range of skills essential for a successful career in law. There is also the opportunity to progress to a higher-level qualification in law including a bachelor’s degree final year. The suite of qualifications in this sector will aim to provide the underpinning knowledge of the law contributing to preparation for the Solicitor’ Qualifying Examination.
The aim of the Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law is to allow learner to choose their chosen academic path by completing a Level 4 and Level 5 Diploma in Law.
At the end of the course, a learner is expected to
- Understand the key principles of contract law.
- Explore the aims and nature of criminal law and its function as a protector of the State.
- Explore fundamental principles and components of the English Legal System, the judiciary and the civil and criminal process.
- Understand the general foundations of constitutional and administrative law, with a particular focus on the main elements of the United Kingdom’s constitution
- Understand how equity interrelates with other legal topics and how equitable principles apply in domestic and commercial context
- Understand the European Union legal system and the main substantive aspects of the European Union laws
- Understand the knowledge and understanding of the principles governing land law
- Understand the foundations of Law of Tort
Qualification Accreditation, Recognition and the awarding body
Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law is accredited to UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England and awarded by Qualifi Ltd - A recognised Awarding Organisation.
- Accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework - Level 5
- Accredited to European Qualifications Framework - Level 5
The Qualification Accreditation Number is 610/3349/2 (Gov.UK)
Qualification Structure of Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law
The course's overall structure is based on the following units covering several topics relating to learning outcomes. Students are required to complete eight units to achieve 240 credits. Each unit has 30 credits.
- Contract Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Methods
- Public Law
- Equity and Trusts
- EU Law
- Land Law
- Law of Tort
Further Education Progression
Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law is suitable for those learners who want to achieve a LLB degree with credit transfer. You can also progress to the one of the following qualifications.
- LLB Hons - Final Year e.g. University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN)
- Level 7 Diploma in Law or
- Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law
Each unit is assessed with an assignment.
Successful learner will be achieve a regulated Qualification of 240 credits, awarded by Qualifi that includes a Certificate and a Transcript to confirm credits and grades. At the end of the qualification, learner will achieve
- Qualifi Level 5 Extended Diploma in Law
You can start this course anytime.
How to apply?
There are three options to apply for this course. Please choose a suitable option to get registration.
Option 1 – Click Here to Purchase the course OR
Option 2 – Click here to join the course on 10 Months payment plan OR
Option 3 – Click Here to apply for admission.