Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration meets the need of those wanting to gain a qualification which provides a firm grounding in business administration and a basis for the further academic study. This course focuses on the functional areas of management and administration within an organisation and how those disciplines integrate at the operational level, linking with the overall corporate strategy to achieve short, medium and long-term objectives. Diploma in Business Administration is accredited at Level 6 onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) by Qualifi as a regulated qualification (Qualification Accreditation Number: 603/1037/6). The programme has a total 120 credits.
At the end of Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration, learners will be able to,
- Develop problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills in a business situation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the internal structure and external relationship for companies doing business at an international level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organisation and its management system.
- Examine the concept of entrepreneurship including behaviours, processes and skills related to small business and enterprise.
- Manage budget and perform financial analysis to the organisations for effective decision making.
- Manage complex issues in the organisation to improve management practice.
- Perform environmental analysis for strategic marketing decision making to implement the strategy.
- Develop managerial and leadership skills to manage team performance.
- Gain knowledge about the advanced economic literature and legal systems in which business operate.
- Understand strategic human resource techniques and tools to manage employees’ performance.
- Apply research methodologies for effective decision making.
- Develop an ability to analyse information and to identify a research question and to apply advanced research techniques and tools to create new literature which is justifiable and measurable.
Qualification Structure of Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration
Learners need to complete five units to achieve the full Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration. Total Qualification Time (TQT) to complete the full qualification is 1200 hours. While, Guided Learning Hours (GLH) refers to the amount of study undertaken by learners under the direction of their tutors and it includes tutorials, seminars, workshops, directed research, project or assignment. There are 480 Guided Learning Hours for the Level 6 in Business Administration. It is expected that a learner will need to complete following TQT against each unit to complete the full Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration.
Unit 01 - Management Control (20 credits)
The primary aim of this unit is to familiarise learner with the concepts and application in business organisations of management control systems.
Unit 02 - Management of Sale Force (20 credits)
The unit aims to explore the concept of customer relationship management, and sales force management for planning and decision-making in order to meet salesforce target at the local and international market.
Unit 03 - Strategic Marketing Management (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to introduce learners about the strategic reflections on the major issues of marketing management. Learners will be able to understand marketing literature, planning process, segmentation and target marketing.
Unit 04 - Business Law (20 credits)
The aim of this unit is to introduce the importance of law in businesses and organisations including main features of English Legal systems, contract laws, sales of goods acts and credit transactions as well as intellectual property law. This unit will develop analytical skills in law and encourages their application to business contexts.
Unit 05 - Research Project including Research Methods (40 credits)
This course aims to introduce learners to key concepts relating to good research design, research techniques, and the collection, presentation and analysis of data to complete the research project. You will also investigate the quality issues associated with data handling.
The vocational and applied nature of the qualification means that different types of learners would benefit from attending a programme of study and achieving the qualification. Learners who have recently completed compulsory education and have chosen to follow a career in business management or a related vocation will be able to acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge to successfully enter the workplace. Whereas, those already in employment will be able to build on existing workplace competencies which will provide an opportunity to make an immediate and positive impact on an organisation and how it conducts its business. In addition, obtaining this qualification would be beneficial for those who are re-entering employment after a period of absence and for those who are seeking a career change.
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration offers and provides careers related guidance and support to students which are
- Positive, constructive and helpful
- Impartial and client centred
- Progression to the Level 7 Diploma in Executive Management.
- Progression to the UK MBA/MA/MSC Degree.
Recognition and the awarding body
Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration is regulated by Ofqual. Awarding body is Qualifi Ltd.
Each unit is assessed through an assignment of minimum 1500-2500 words in length. Students are required to achieve 40% marks to pass the unit.
You can start this course anytime.