The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work activities, to meet national occupational standards. Learners will acquire care management skills in the Health and Social Care sector.
In this course, you will learn how to
- Apply principles of reflective practice and professional development to develop your own career as health and social care managers.
- Manage health and social care service quality
- Understand core principles, values and legislation that underpins health and social care provision
- Understand responsibilities to manage Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Workplaces
- Develop understanding of key financial concepts and tools for managers in health and social care organisations, including how to make informed financial decisions.
- develop understanding of the processes involved in the recruitment, management and development of people in the health and social care workplace
- develop management and leadership skills as effective health care professionals
- develop research skills to conduct an independent research project.
Learners need to complete eight (8) units to achieve the full Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management.
- Personal and Professional Development (10 credits)
- Managing Quality in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Principles of Health and Social Care Management (15 credits)
- Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Workplaces (15 credits)
- Financial Decision Making for Healthcare Managers (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Leadership and Management for Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
At the end of the qualification, learners will achieve OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management (120 credits).
The methods for assessing student performance are through an assignment of each unit to evaluate different aspects of learning objectives.
How will you study?
You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study from anywhere around the world.
Successful learners will get full tuition/delivery support from Cambridge Management and Leadership School.
Who should study this qualification?
You should study this course for a formal academic qualification at Level 6. Level 6 is a UK RQF, equivalent to a UK Bachelor Honour degree. Learners who study this qualification hold Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or an equivalent level qualification. This course is also suitable to managers in the care setting as it provides personal and professional development.
Learners will have career to work as a manager, supervisor or care officer with management responsibilities in the health or social care organisation. You will also progress to MSC in Health and Social Care Management with us.