Level 7 Diploma in Law at Cambridge Management and Leadership School is designed to provide non-law graduates with a grounding and knowledge of foundation law subjects which will provide a sound basis to continue further in a law career. The qualification support the academic stage of training through study of foundation areas of law and functioning Legal Knowledge and Practical Legal Skills and Knowledge domains aligned with aspects of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and to develop learners’ approach to these studies at master’s level. It further develop analytical, evaluative and research skills appropriate to law at master’s level.
Please note that this is not a preparatory programme for the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) examinations but is aimed to provide a critical understanding for further legal study and/or training.
The Level 7 Diploma in Law is a UK postgraduate qualification, accredited to UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) Level 7. You will be able to learn fundamental principles of the legal system of England and Wales, the key principles of corporate law, contract law and their practical and ethical implications, the operation and fundamental principles of the UK’s constitution, the law of torts and their practical and ethical implications, the property and land law, and the criminal law. You will also be able to develop awareness of the issues surrounding equity and trusts, their practical and ethical implications to complete 120 credits at Level 7 Diploma in Law.
At the end of the course, a learner is expected to
- Understand the operation and principles of the English legal system as well as legal skills
- Undertake complex analyses of the legal concepts, values, principles and rules and legal skills relating to the English legal system
- Understand the fundamental principles, rules and institutions that constitute the main legal framework for the operation of companies
- Understand the operation and principles of contract law and dispute resolution
- Undertake complex analysis of the legal concepts, values, principles and rules relating to contract law and dispute resolution in England and Wales.
- Understand the operation and principles of public law
- Undertake complex analysis of the legal concepts, values, principles and rules relating to public law and European law.
- Undertake complex analysis of the legal concepts, values, principles and rules relating to torts.
- Understand the operation and principles of land law and property practice.
- Understand the operation and principles of criminal law and practice.
- Understand complex legal concepts, values, principles and rules relating to equity and trusts.
- Critically analyse legal texts.
Qualification Structure of Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law
The course's overall structure is based on the following units covering several topics relating to learning outcomes. Students are required to complete eight units to achieve 120 credits. Each unit has 20 credits.
- Legal Foundations
- Company Law and Practice
- Contract Law and Disputes
- Public Law and Law of the European Union
- Land Law and Property
- Criminal Law and Practice
- Equity and Trusts
Qualification Accreditation, Recognition and the awarding body
Level 7 Diploma in Law is accredited to UK Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England and awarded by Qualifi Ltd - A recognised Awarding Organisation.
- Accredited to Regulated Qualifications Framework - Level 7
- Accredited to European Qualifications Framework - Level 7
- Equivalent to Framework of Higher Education Qualifications in England (FHEQ - QAA) - Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma
- Equivalent to Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) - Level 11
Qualification Accreditation Number is 610/2558/6
Further Education and the Career path
Level 7 Diploma in Law is for those who wish to progress to a higher level qualification, such as the LLM with credit transfer e.g. at the University of Central Lancashire. Successful completion of the Qualifi Level 7 Diploma in Law provides learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment. The aim is that a specific focus will be placed on career paths leading to careers as solicitors, barristers or other qualified lawyers. This is in addition to allied careers, for example, working in criminal justice or further academic study in law.
Each unit is assessed with an assignment.
Successful learner will be achieve a regulated Qualification of 120 credits, awarded by Qualifi that includes a Certificate and a Transcript to confirm credits and grades.
You can start this course anytime.
How to apply?
There are three options to apply for this course. Please choose a suitable option to enrol.
Option 1 – Click Here to Purchase the course OR
Option 2 – Click here to join the course on 6 Months payment plan OR
Option 3 – Click Here to apply for admission.