The objective of the Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to provide tourism industry professionals with the specialist knowledge needed to advance their careers, or for graduates entering the tourism and hospitality sector to gain the skills needed to manage business operations. The qualification provides learners with a contemporary, critical, and international programme that supports their development as managers with a lifelong-learning orientation.
The qualification enables learners to analyse complex management problems and to apply and adapt specialist skills and technical terminology to propose solutions to these problems informed by best practice and contemporary research.
Successful completion of this qualification will enable learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
International Recognition and Accreditation
Level 7 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management is an internationally recognised qualification accredited by Ofqual - UK Qualifications and Examination Regulator to UK Qualifications Framework at Level 7, equivalent to UK University postgraduate diploma and also accredited to European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
- UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) (England) - Level 7
- Qualification Accreditation Number is 603/2316/4
Level 7 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management will develop the Learner’s advanced abilities and skills to:
- Develop learners’ understanding of strategic management and marketing in tourism and hospitality organisations
- Critically analyse the role of tourism and the visitor economy in modern international tourism destinations
- Evaluate theories of international development and apply these to a tourism context
- Understand the emergence of the e-tourism concept and analyse the influence of social media from both consumer and organisation perspectives.
- Understand of a range of theoretical and empirical approaches to organisational behaviour in the tourism and hospitality industry
- Develop research skills to prepare a research project leading to a UK Master degree.
Level 7 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management has a total of four units and a total of 120 credits (ETC: 60). Each unit has 30 credits.
- Strategic Management and Marketing (20 credits)
- Destination Management (20 credits).
- International Tourism Policy and Development (20 credits)
- E-Tourism and Social Media (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour in International Contexts (20 credits)
You will write an assignment in and then submit for your assessor to mark in the Cambridge Management and Leadership School Virtual Learning Platform. Assessment methods are 'Assignments only', there are no examinations.
How will you study?
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online. After login to your online learning portal, you will study in a structured way - read books/resources online and write your assignments with full study support to complete the qualification.
Results and Certificate
Learners must complete 4 units successfully and achieve 120 credits before the qualification certificate and final transcript will be issued by the awarding body, OTHM. OTHM is an internationally recognised awarding organisation, regulated by UK Qualifications and Examination Regulator (Ofqual) in England, UK.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is useful for any individuals from all over the world who are
- Seeking career development at an advanced level in the hospitality and tourism industry OR
- Already on the job (managerial/supervisor/administrator/leader in the sector) for personal and professional development OR
- Re-entering employment after a period of absence OR
- Seeking a career change to Hospitality, Event and Tourism Industry OR
- willing to achieve an affordable Master degree at the dissertation stage at the UK University after achieving 120 credits from this qualification. Learners will be able to upgrade their registration to MA in Hospitality and Tourism Management, awarded by the University of Chichester.
Primary areas of employment include
- Senior Resort Manager
- Senior Restaurant Manager
- Senior Hotel and Spa (Hospitality Manager)
- Senior Accommodation Manager
- Cabin Crew Manager
- Tour Manager
- Business Owner/Director in Hospitality or Tourism Enterprise
Learners can also progress to a dissertation stage
- MA in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top Up) - Dissertation stage , awarded by the University of Chichester.