Corporate governance is the system by which companies are directed and controlled. It is, therefore, necessary for any company/corporate or business to understand that system useful to governing body/board in order to achieve good governance. In the Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance, you will learn the evolution of corporate governance, its importance for any company/business/corporation, the structure of the corporate governance, complex approaches, theories and features of the corporate governance. You will also learn how corporate governance codes are developed over time and their benefits.
At the end of the course, you will be able to develop a practical understanding of corporate governance and will be able to develop a governing body document for any company in any sector.
Learning Objectives of the Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance
Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance will enable you to,
- Understand the system of corporate governance to direct and control any organisation.
- Develop an understanding of various approaches, features and theories affecting corporate governance development.
- Identify the role of management and governing body
- Understand the principles and benefits of good governance
- Develop a deep understanding of various Corporate Governance Codes including the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Apply rules and regulation of Governing Body Code to develop a governing body of any organisation in any sector.
This course is very useful to individuals who would like to learn a complex system of corporate governance, and they are
- Shareholders/Directors/Owners or Board Member of any organisation in the public or private sector; or
- individuals who are working in the legal department
- individuals who are working in the education sector at the senior position or
- individuals who are working in the finance department at the senior position or
- to those individuals who are keen to progress to Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law with 20 credits exemptions.
You as a learner will be able to
- Evaluate the system of corporate governance to direct and control any organisation; and
- Analyse the rules and regulations of the Governing Body Code.
How will you study?
Cambridge Management and Leadership School Virtual Learning Platform will be available to you study 24/7 in the flexible learning environment. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime with full study support and benefits.
Assessment methods include an assignment. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment of minimum 2000-3000 words to achieve 20 credits.
Results and Certificate
Learners are required to achieve 20 credits to achieve the following qualification, awarded by EBMA
- Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance
Exemptions, Credit transfer and further education progression
Learners who will achieve Level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Governance will be able to apply to our
- Level 7 Diploma in International Business Law (120 credits) - awarded by Qualifi Ltd awarding organisation and this qualification is accredited to QCF/EQF/RQF at Level 7 Postgraduate with 20 credits transfer. You will only have to study five more subjects to achieve the full 120 credits Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Law. For more information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org