The aim of this unit is to develop learners’ research skills to include understanding different research approaches, formulation of research proposals, planning research activity, analysing and interpreting data, and the relationship between research and evidence based practice.
Overall learning objectives of this course are,
- Understand the relevance of research within health and social care contexts
- Understand research approaches in health care contexts.
- Be able to plan a research proposal relevant to management of health and social care contexts.
- Be able to analyse and interpret a range of data.
- Understand the relationship between research and evidence based practice.
How will you study
Our learning portal will be available to you study 24/7. You can use your Desktop Computer, Laptop, Mobile or Tablet anytime in a flexible way to study entirely online.
Assessment methods include an assignment. There is no exam in this course. You will be required to submit an assignment to achieve 20 credits.
Credit Transfer & Progressions
This course is useful if a student hold Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Health and Social Care Management, awarded by EBMA. After completion of this unit, learners will be able to achieve full Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management, awarded by OTHM. After that you will progress to MSC Health and Social Care Management at the dissertation stage.