- This event has passed.
21 November 2020£500
Level 7 Certificate in Research Methods is an international recognised qualification, accredited by Ofqual and awarded by OTHM to deal with principles of research including formulations of research questions, hypothesis and objectives.
The course will cover literature reviews, referencing, data collection using interviews and surveys, questionnaire design, data analysis and conclusions from the analysed data.
Certificate in Research Methods qualification is to develop learners’ ability to prepare for various types of academically based research through the development and design of a research proposal.
Overall learning objectives of this course are,
- A critical understanding of the different assumptions underlying research into the social sciences and the nature and status of research methodology,
- An overview of the different debates and issues underlying the research process and how this relates to the specific methods they may select to conduct a study
- Critically review the collection, presentation and analysis of data to complete a research project.
- Appreciate the quality issues associated with data handling
Learners will develop a critical understanding of the philosophical, practical and ethical concepts of research within the context of any environment.
Topics to be covered
- Research Philosophies
- Data Collection and Analysis Methods
If you are going to study your research project, dissertation or a thesis, it is useful to you.