Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) applies to all our qualifications to enable learners to avoid duplication of learning and assessment.
RPL is a method of assessment that considers whether learners can demonstrate that they can meet the assessment requirements for a unit or whole qualification through knowledge, understanding or skills they already possess and so not need to develop through a course of learning.
There are three ways of recognising prior learning which may be open to the learner:-
(1) Submission of a portfolio of evidence based on previous relevant knowledge, skills and competences which must be assessed against the assessment criteria of the unit(s) for which RPL is being sought to ensure that all learning outcomes have been achieved.
(2) Undertake the same assessments as learners following a formal course of learning and assessment that lead to award of the unit or qualification. The assessments may be undertaken without attending teaching sessions.
(3) Assessment through summative assessment against a unit or full qualification.
- a unit accumulated towards a full qualification
- a full qualification (at least 60%)
For more information, email us at email@example.com